What is Hypnotherapy?
Hypnotherapy is an incredibly effective method to change unwanted emotions, thoughts and behaviours which prevent you from living life the way you want to live. Unhealthy beliefs are formed as we go through life. Such beliefs can cause individuals to experience unpleasant thoughts and emotions as well as unwanted behaviours, habits and often addictions. Unhealthy beliefs are often buried in the subconscious mind, the part of our mind that ‘runs the show’ and that is the area of your mind that hypnotherapy focuses to bring about lasting, positive change.
Solution Focused Approach in Hypnotherapy recognises that each person is unique and the care and attention provided is, therefore, specific to the client’s needs. The goals set and the support offered is tailored to deliver help to the client to enable them to achieve their solution. The therapy offers the client a secure environment and is delivered in a positive and constructive way so to help facilitate change.
What happens in a hypnotherapy session?
Each of my sessions is tailored to the client to achieve optimum results but the general structure of a session is noted below:
1. Preparation - We will discuss what you hope to achieve and agree a treatment plan bespoke to your issue. I will explain Hypnotherapy in more detail, and answer any queries you may have about the process.
2. The Induction - This part focuses on relaxation that leads to hypnosis. You will have a fully relaxed awareness and will always be in control of the process.
3. Therapeutic Suggestion - This is where we work on the changes you want to make. The language used will be specific to the change you described and I will guiding you through your specific change process in your subconscious mind.
4. Transition to Awakeness - I will then gently and gradually guide you back to full full conscious awareness. You will generally feel enabled, positive and very relaxed.
5. Post Session - We will discuss the session, any questions you may have and any future sessions required.
“Discussing positive experiences leads to heightened well-being, increased overall life satisfaction and even more energy”